Hope you find the true love you have been searching for.
The spicy borlotti beans and Swiss chard meal can be eaten with bread, potatoes or rice.
For Spicy beans
- One (400g) can Waitrose essential borlotti beans (undrained)
- Four table spoons sunflower oil
- Three quarter can chopped tomatoes
- One medium sized white onion
- 2 /3cloves garlic(strength optional)
- Fresh ginger (strength of ginger is optional)
- Two teaspoons white pepper
- One Teaspoon salt
- Two packets Waitrose Swiss chard
- Four tablespoons butter
- One teaspoon salt
- Chop up the onion into small strips, then crush the garlic.
- Heat the sunflower oil on medium heat- gas, 5/6. Fry the garlic stirring well, until they start to stick to the bottom of the sauce pan- do not allow to burn. Add the onions to the sauce pan and continue to fry until they just start to turn brown. Pour the ¾ can of chopped tomatoes into the mixture, leave to simmer for about 5 minutes then add the grated ginger. Add the can of beans, stir well, add the salt , leave to cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pepper and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl
For Swiss chard
- In their bundles, chop the Swiss chard into medium sizes strips. Heat the butter in a frying pan on medium heat – gas 5/6, and then add the Swiss chard. Season with salt. Continue to stir the Swiss chard for about 6 minutes, until soft. Serve in a bowl.
Although most people spend more time in the kitchen than they do in the dining room, this is an equally important space for meals. Sometimes we feel our lives are busy, as a result are unable to sit down and enjoy a meal, maybe elegant tableware would make a difference. It’s time to show it off to friends and family or work colleagues.
Our porcelain bone china from Zaliwana Accessories is quite stunning in both colours of sea grass and cream, the elegant tableware is finished with silver.