Is Mother’s day a very important day in the year for you? Is it a day you feel you need to make a fuss of your mum? Is it an ordinary day like any other day?
Personally, I feel it is an ordinary day because every ordinary day is very special in relation to my mother. Many of us are really lucky to have a great relationship with our parents and more so with our mums. What makes this relationship pertinent?
- My mother has empathised with my aches and pains.
- She has enjoyed my celebrations and joys
- She has felt proud she has given birth to a daughter like me..despite my many faults: stubbornness, hot headed, opinionated, …
- She has treated me as an equal when she needed to confide in someone.
- Even though I wasn’t her favourite among the children, I saw her world crumble when I was in pain…
- The list is endless
Are you going to make a fuss of her on this day? Of course, make a fuss of her every single day- she deserves it! It could not have happened any other way, she gave birth to me- gave me life!
What about those of us who might not be so fortunate to have a good relationship with our mothers? I like the saying, “be the grown up” one , make the effort, let by gones be by gone. If Nelson Mandela could forgive people who were both mentally and physically cruel to him, surely you can as well. Negative thoughts are so heavy, they really weigh you down and sap your energy- it’s true! Rise from this and make amends with your Mum!!
A small gesture would go such a long way. All the flowers and foliage are from my garden(not the best), however it means that I spent time picking them, thinking about how I would arrange them. How could I arrange them for Mum to derive pleasure from them? To be honest, I derived a lot of satisfaction making this arrangement!!