The spicy borlotti beans and Swiss chard meal can be eaten with bread, potatoes or rice.
For Spicy beans
- One (400g) can Waitrose essential borlotti beans (undrained)
- Four table spoons sunflower oil
- Three quarter can chopped tomatoes
- One medium sized white onion
- 2 /3cloves garlic(strength optional)
- Fresh ginger (strength of ginger is optional)
- Two teaspoons white pepper
- One Teaspoon salt
- Two packets Waitrose Swiss chard
- Four tablespoons butter
- One teaspoon salt
- Chop up the onion into small strips, then crush the garlic.
- Heat the sunflower oil on medium heat- gas, 5/6. Fry the garlic stirring well, until they start to stick to the bottom of the sauce pan- do not allow to burn. Add the onions to the sauce pan and continue to fry until they just start to turn brown. Pour the ¾ can of chopped tomatoes into the mixture, leave to simmer for about 5 minutes then add the grated ginger. Add the can of beans, stir well, add the salt , leave to cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pepper and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes. Serve in a bowl
For Swiss chard
- In their bundles, chop the Swiss chard into medium sizes strips. Heat the butter in a frying pan on medium heat – gas 5/6, and then add the Swiss chard. Season with salt. Continue to stir the Swiss chard for about 6 minutes, until soft. Serve in a bowl.